- Do not forget Michael Brown
- Do not forget how the media dehumanized him and tried to justify his murder
- Do not forget how peaceful protests were painted as savage riots
- Do not forget police armed with military grade weapons terrorized and arrested black civilians
- Do not forget Darren Wilson being awarded over $200,000 in fundraiser donations for murdering an unarmed black child
- Do not forget that this system was not built to defend us, but to control us
- Do not forget Ferguson
I’m trying to remain in bed for as long as possible.
When I was laying in the bath earlier I had a bit of a moment where I got teary because I feel like I’ve overcome the depression which I’ve been suffering with this summer. I’ve been waiting for this to happen, and I think it has. It’s still at the back of my mind but it isn’t taking over my days or my nights anymore. I’m so happy and relieved and I’m going to make sure I don’t fall back into that rut, I won’t let myself get hurt again. Not like that.